Please Note: UCSB will be transitioning to Concur, a new campus standard for expense reimbursement processing that will streamline travel, entertainment and business expense reimbursements. Individuals will be responsible for preparing and submitting requests for reimbursement through the new system beginning February 1, 2022.
Request for Travel Advance
You may request a travel advance for expenses incurred prior to a trip. Requests are submitted through the Concur system at least 30 days in advance of the trip.
When traveling on business, faculty, staff, and students are covered under the UC Business Travel Accident Insurance Program. If making arrangements through Connexxus, enrollment is automatic. If making travel arrangements outside of Connexxus, a UCAway insurance form needs to be completed prior to travel. For more information regarding travel insurance, please refer to the information included in the link "UC Traveler Insurance Coverage" under Related Links.
In accordance with University policy, all travel reimbursement requests must be submitted to the UCSB Travel Accounting office within 45 days of the end of travel. All travel reimbursement requests are submitted by the traveler via the Concur system.
Per UC policy, original receipts are required and must show proof of payment. The following receipts are required:
- Airline Passenger Receipts**
- Rental car receipts, including gas receipts
- Hotel receipts (must be itemized to show nightly rates, applicable taxes, etc.)
- Conference registration receipts
- Receipts for local transportation costing $75 or more (rail ticket stubs, bus tickets, taxi receipts)
- Receipts for miscellaneous supplies
**U.S. Flag Carriers must be used for travel on federal funds. Missing original receipts: If you are unable to locate original receipts for your trip, please complete a Declaration of Missing Evidence form and provide an alternate proof of purchase (i.e. credit card statement showing payment).
Direct Billing to Grant/Contract: If you would like to have the cost of your airfare directly billed to your grant/contract, please contact the Geography Purchasing/Travel Assistant for assistance.
Contract / Grant Billing
Contact us if you would like to have the cost of your airfare directly billed to your grant / contract.
- Concur system
- Enter your full UCSB Net ID, including "@ucsb.edu" (email@example.com)
- Use SSO as authentication method (choose "Sign in with UC Santa Barbara SSO")
- Concur Knowledge Base
- Download the SAP Concur mobile app
- UCSB Travel Policy
- Connexxus Web Portal
- UC Traveler Insurance Coverage
- Restricted Travel Law AB 1887