Coordinates, prepares, and audits all travel paperwork for departmental users.

Request for Travel Advance

You may request a travel advance for expenses incurred prior to a trip. Complete the Travel Advance section of the Travel Worksheet, obtain the appropriate approval signature(s), attach original receipts, and submit to the Geography Purchasing/Travel Assistant at least 30 days in advance of the trip.

Travel Insurance

Before each trip where a person will leave California, travelers must register for the Business Travel Program. If making arrangements through Connexxus, enrollment is automatic. If making travel arrangements outside of Connexxus, complete the Business Travel Registration form, under Travel Links.

Travel Reimbursement

In accordance with University policy, all travel reimbursement requests must be submitted to the UCSB Travel Accounting office within 45 days of the end of travel. To ensure reimbursement, please submit your completed travel worksheet and original receipts to the Geography Purchasing/Travel Assistant within 30 days of the end of travel.

 Note: Per UC policy, original receipts are required and must show proof of payment. The following receipts are required:

  • Airline Passenger Receipts**
  • Rental car receipts, including gas receipts
  • Hotel receipts (must be itemized to show nightly rates, applicable taxes, etc.)
  • Conference registration receipts
  • Receipts for local transportation costing $75 or more (rail ticket stubs, bus tickets, taxi receipts)
  • Receipts for miscellaneous supplies

** U.S. Flag Carriers must be used for travel on federal funds. Missing original receipts: If you are unable to locate original receipts for your trip, please complete a Declaration of Missing Evidence form and provide an alternate proof of purchase (i.e. credit card statement showing payment).


Purchasing, Travel & Student Programs Assistant

 Contract / Grant Billing

Contact us if you would like to have the cost of your airfare directly billed to your grant / contract.